Sunday 19 November 2017

Goblintown - A big terrain project and continuing with the Noldorim

Following the progress I was able to achive last week, I managed to sit down and concentrate on two projects in particular: A Goblintown gaming board and the continuation with the Noldorim from a few weeks back.
The Goblin King's Throne
Pict 283: The Goblin King's Throne
The Goblin King's Throne
Pict 284: The Goblin King's Throne
The Goblin King's Throne
Pict 285: The Goblin King's Throne
Goblintown Scenery
Pict 286: Goblintown Scenery
Goblintown Scenery
Pict 287: Goblintown Scenery
Goblintown Scenery
Pict 288: Goblintown Scenery
During the last two months I started to think about a 4' by 4' Goblintown board. I already built a 3' by 2' Goblintown board in 2015 but with this new one I want to be more flexible. The experience with building rockfaces did come in handy this time around and I think I was able to improve my technique. The pictures show how far I've gotten during the weekend: the building process is almost done. I might smooth out some of the filler and I'll have to sculpt the staps attaching the throne on the rock.
The one question I'm facing right now is wether I'll build a flat board for the pieces to sit on or simply use a mat. The problem with the former is the space it takes op in my storage. The problem with the latter is that I haven't found one that I really like.

High Elf Warriors
Pict 289: High Elf Warriors
High Elf Warriors
Pict 290: High Elf Warriors
Continuing on with my Rivendell force from a few weeks back, I added ten more High Elf warriors - four with bow and six with spear and shield. Of these I converted one from a captain and four more from warriors with elven blades. I used spare arms with lances from the Rivendell Knights kit for the spears. The conversion is not my best one - the arm's position looks somewhat uncomfortable - but it does the job and adds some variety to the force. Adding in Elrond and his two counsellors Lindir and Erestor, I got myself a 600 point army to use in an upcoming tournament in early december.

No comments:

Post a Comment