Sunday 21 January 2018

One lonely Pyrovore..

So this week's progress was rather slow, but I finished two more miniatures and got to work on some more.

Pyrovore
Pict 346: Pyrovore
Pyrovore
Pict 347: Pyrovore
Pyrovore
Pict 348: Pyrovore

First up is one of the two Pyrovores I had already shown a few weeks back. In contrast to my usual Kraken scheme, I used a bright green glaze to denote it's toxicity. I liked working with the glaze as opposed to a wash and I'm looking forward to doing it again with the second one.

Azog's Hunters Objective Marker
Pict 349: Azog's Hunters Objective Marker
The second thing I finished is this objective marker for my Hunter Orc army / battle company. Just like the Rivendell Knight last week, I wand to use him for those heroes that roll the "Lost in Battle" result on the injury table. I acually got to use him in battle today - but fortunately I lent him to my opponent and got to play the Rivendell company. Another funny thing about this miniature is that this marks the first Hunter Orc I finished - the dead one...

Tyranids (WIP)
Pict 350: Tyranids (WIP)
Lastly here is a WIP shot os some more Tyranids. I hope to finish Old One Eye soon - there is only one more layer of highlight on the carapace to do and after that I'll get to the Hive Tyrants carapace. But I'm sure I'll get distraced by some other project that's sitting on the desk right now...

2 comments:

  1. No idea what the downed warrior is used for or whether you converted it, but it looks cool. I've always liked the Pyrovore model too and you can use it as a Biovore in a pinch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the Biovore I'm sure, I'll use them as Biovores at some point but I do plan on painting some of them as well.
      The dead orc is not converted - it comes with the Hunter Orcs on Fell Wargs.

      Delete