Sunday 5 August 2018

Minsc, the beloved Ranger and his fearless companion Boo!

At long last I had some time to relax while painting. I got to some inividual miniatures such as the amazing Minsc and Boo as well as Boromir and Gimli - the remainder of the fellowship. After that I started a big project I'll try and finish over my summer vacation.

Minsc & Boo
Pict 475: Minsc & Boo
Minsc & Boo
Pict 476: Minsc & Boo
Minsc & Boo
Pict 477: Minsc & Boo
 As soon as I saw that Gale Force Nine would release a miniature for Minsc and Boo, I wanted to get and paint it. They are some of the best companios not only in the Baldur's Gate series but in any videogame and recently had a run in the D&D comics as well. I went with the aesthetic of the comics and I'm pretty happy with the different purples on them.

"Go for the eyes, Boo!"

Boromir
Pict 478: Boromir

Boromir
Pict 479: Boromir
Gimli
Pict 480: Gimli
Gimli
Pict 481: Gimli
And here are two more heroes. This time it's more for the Middle Earth SBG. With Boromir and Gimli done, I'll have to get to the diorama base soon. They were quite pleasing to paint - the sculpts from 17 years ago do show some age, but still hold up nicely. Strangely enough I had already painted at least one of each of the Fellowship but  Boromir, so that I had the pleasure to collect source material (i.e. watch the Fellowship movie) to get a feel for the colours.

Gants and Gaunts (WIP)
Pict 482: Gants and Gaunts (WIP)
And lastly here is the start of my next big project. The last remnats of grey Tyranids will have to succumb to my brush this summer. Right now all the skin parts are mostly done with serveral layers of drybrushing to get my usual effect. Next up will be carapace and claws - the black always takes to longest, so I'll break up the 35 critters into smaller chunks as to not wear me out.

2 comments:

  1. "Butt Kicking for Goodness!" The best videogame character ever created. Except maybe for HK-47 in Kotor. Or Raziel from Soul Reaver. Or Strong in Fallout 4. Or... oh look, he was just great ok? Awesome that you got hold of a miniature for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yeah! HK-47 was also great - I wonder if there's a miniature of him out there...

      Delete