Sunday 21 April 2019

Haqqislam Tutorial and Conversions

Since we had the fourth installment of our escalation league last week, I painted some more models I wanted to use with the added rules and extra points this round. And since every Haqqislam player out there seems to sing their praise, I decided on some Ghazi Muttawi'ah and added in a Bashi Bazouk and a Hafza for good measure.

Hafza, Bashi Bazouk, Ghazi Muttawi'ah
Pict 637: Hafza, Bashi Bazouk, Ghazi Muttawi'ah

Bashi Bazouk, Ghazi Muttawi'ah
Pict 638: Bashi Bazouk, Ghazi Muttawi'ah

Bashi Bazouk, Ghazi Muttawi'ah
Pict 639: Bashi Bazouk, Ghazi Muttawi'ah
These four Muttawi'ah presented a bit of a challenge since I was not sure how to distibute the colours I decided on with my Haqqislam. I went with the dark grey as the main colour, but kept the boots brighter.

Hafza (Tutorial)
Pict 640: Hafza (Tutorial)

Hafza
Pict 641: Hafza

Hafza
Pict 642: Hafza
With the Hafza I did something new: I took quite a few pictures while painting to document how I went about the different steps. I only put in a few here, but I wrote up the tutorial on the site where I put my Haqqislam recipie.

Hassassin Lasiq, Odalisque (Conversions)
Pict 643: Hassassin Lasiq, Odalisque (Conversions)

Since I had trouble painting, I converted some miniatures for Infinity. So here are a second Lasiq with Viral Rifle (looking forward to playing them in a Haris Team) and an Odalisque with a Contender that I looted from the Spec-Ops. The Lasiq's new hand is from the Dark Eldar Hellions kit but I'm not sure whether it's an acutal hand or a trophy.

Thinking about my problems with the Haqqislam miniatures now, a week later, I am pretty sure the problem is that I am a bit burned out on the Haqqislam colours. I still have the fourth Ghazi from the box pretty much done but I couldn't find the inspiration to finish her. I hope I can paint myself out of this corner with something really different. I will have to get my Riders of Rohan done next week so I hope they will rejuice my painting mojo.

No comments:

Post a Comment