Sunday 27 September 2020

New Bases for Mordor

Just a quick update post to show the new bases I put onto my Mordor army. Not that much work but a great distraction for one quarter of an hour every evening.

Mordor Army (new bases)
Pict 929: Mordor Army (new bases)

My Mordor originally had all black bases with a bit of grey drybrushed ontop to create some interest. But with the Dark Marshal of last week, I tried a new basing scheme. They should be closer to the other armies I have, especially Isengard, so that I have the option to mix in some Orcs into Sauruman's army. And having grass on the bases just feels right. In any case they are less bland.

Looking at the Orcs again I really like the models and the colours I used... With Quest of the Ringbearer on the horizon, I might try and paint some more for an Cirith Ungol army? We'll see what takes my fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment