Sunday 18 April 2021

This Corrosion

The only model I finished the past two weeks was the first mausoleoum from the Garden of Morr kit. But I also started to paint more of the same graveyard as well as more little critters from the ArcWorlde Bestiary. Oh, and then there was this boxed game where you fight undead? Propably should build and paint some of those too!

Garden of Morr Mausoleum
Pict 1019: Garden of Morr Mausoleum

Garden of Morr Mausoleum
Pict 1020: Garden of Morr Mausoleum
Garden of Morr Mausoleum
Pict 1021:Garden of Morr Mausoleum

Garden of Morr Mausoleum
Pict 1022: Garden of Morr Mausoleum
I very much enjoyed the corrosion effects on this mausoleum. The verdigris works better on the more structured surfaces such as the grave slab than on the roofs. I will still do some experimenting on these larger, flat areas, maybe adding in some more green or going for more streakes and less splotches on the next one. But I am very happy with the rusted iron bars!
I also got some diffently coloured flock for the moss and will add this to my other scenery to make it look a bit more visually interesting and alive.

Garden of Morr Mausoleum (WIP)
Pict 1023: Garden of Morr Mausoleum (WIP)

And here then are the next steps in painting the Garden of Morr. The piece with the larger exposed grave also holds a mausoleum but I have not built that quite yes as I want to get rid of all the modeled roses. That's what's keeping me from getting to the walls as well, but for now I think the small buildings will look great together anyways.

Mjowls and Faery Dragon (WIP)
Pict 1024: Mjowls and Faery Dragon (WIP)

These cute litte beasties then are the Mjowls and the Faery Dragon from ArcWorlde. They are quite far along with basecoats and washes done and I should finish them within a few day. If only no other projects jumps the queue...

Ulfenwatch (WIP)
Pict 1025: Ulfenwatch (WIP)

And lastly here is a foray into the Cursed City: a bunch of skeletons. Had to get my head around building these models, these modern plastic kits by GW really are engineering marvels and I'm currently more used to building metal models or about 20 year old plastics! Paintswise I'm going with something similar to the boxart but I'm already looking forward to rust them after they had their washes!


2 comments:

  1. Great work! Looking forward to se the progress on the skeletons. :)

    ReplyDelete