Sunday 15 May 2022

Defending Dwarven Doors

These past two weeks, I only managed to paint up a few bits and bobs. But at least I managed to finish up a set of ten dwarf warriors!

Pict 1180: Thráin's Guard defending the Erebor Gates
Pict 1181: Erebor Dwarf Warriors

Here then are the next ten Erebor dwarf warriors. I decided to keep the colours consistent even if the Dwarves all wear different variations of coats and chest armour. The predominant red cloth could mark them out as part of Thráin's personal retinue.

Pict 1182: Dwarven Gates (Mines of Moria)

This set of doors comes from a Mines of Moria set, that I bought used years ago. Sadly the doors are glued shut (certainly one way to keep a Balrog from escaping...), but they painted up nice enough and make for a good prop for the scenic photo of the Dwarves.

Pict 1183: Legion Seeker Squad (Kitbash)

Lastly I once againg cought the Heresy bug with the all the hype for a new edition of the game. To start of, I raided my bitbox and assebled this Legion Seeker squad using parts of MK III, MK IV and MK V armour, special issue bolters and a scratch built nuncio vox. I imagine the Seekers ranging far afield and thus being allowed some idiosyncrasies with their armour. I plan to paint them up as Luna Wolves once again, but I want to try and incorporate some weathering techniques I used with my most recent Howling Griffons.

No comments:

Post a Comment