Sunday 18 September 2022

The Nazgûl of Dol Guldur are ready

Man, it's been some time since I had the chance to write up what I painted. But real life taking over meant I also did not have to much hobby time the last few weeks. Here's hopeing it will get better the next few.
Anyways, I managed to finish painting my Nazgûl of Dol Guldur as well as the remaining five Tactical Marines to complete the first squad for my Blood Angels Legion.

Pict 1210: The Nazgûl of Dol Guldur
Pict 1211: The Nazgûl of Dol Guldur
Pict 1212: The Nazgûl of Dol Guldur
These Nazgûl were quite a nice palette cleanser in between all the Space Marines. I used an oilwash on the metals – but I think, with all the highlighting I did afterwards, I could have probably achieved the same effect with Nuln Oil. I also experimented with painting on texture on the all the black cloth to give it some more visual interest instead of my usual method of doing the Ringwraiths. And I have to say I'm pretty happy with the result! With some more experience they would look even better, but for now I'm looking forward to getting them onto a battlefield.

Pict 1213: Blood Angels Legion Tactical Marines
Pict 1214: Blood Angels Legion Tactical Marines
Pict 2115: Blood Angels Legion Tactical Marines

Looks like I'm finally getting how this whole glazing thing works. It's really not that easy to get the right cositency of paint and the right amount of paint on the brush. These five Marines painted up rather quickly and while that might also be the fact that they only carry Bolters and are not that detailed, I also think I'm getting more confident with the scheme by now. Super happy to have finished the first proper squad!

6 comments:

  1. Great looking beakie space marines. A classic look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The new kit is really nice indeed.

      Delete
  2. Great work on Nazgûl of Dol Guldur! The cloth textures are great, so is the metal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A great little project of nine miniatures and very fun to experiment.

      Delete
  3. The Nazgûl look so grim. Very nice paint job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They do make fo a great group of miniatures.

      Delete