Sunday 15 January 2023

Blood Angels Air Support

The first proper post of the year with the first three completed miniatures, of which only one was stared last year! The big one is the Avenger Strike Fighter painted in Blood Angels Legion colours. The other two are Rohan miniatures I wanted to use in game.

Avenger Strike Fighter Crew
Pict 1261: Avenger Strike Fighter Crew

Blood Angels Avenger Strike Fighter
Pict 1262: Blood Angels Avenger Strike Fighter
Blood Angels Avenger Strike Fighter
Pict 1263: Blood Angels Avenger Strike Fighter
Avenger Strike Fighter Rear Gunner
Pict 1264: Avenger Strike Fighter Rear Gunner

This was quite a neat project – really something different from what I usually do. And quite big as well! I sometimes had difficulties handling the plane while painting.
To get my bearings I looked at a lot of other Blood Angel aircraft as well as other Avenger Strike Fighters. To my delight, google recomended one of the latter painted on the blog Würfelwiese – a blog I highly recommend! I looked at it for inspiration on which panels to set apart in a contrasting colour and for pointers on where to put weathering on the model.

Rohan Captain and King's Huntsman
Pict 1265: Rohan Captain and King's Huntsman

On a whim, I painted these two Rohan miniatures for a game today. They are both from the Rohan Commanders set, but the Captain with the Orc is the metal version, converted with a Warhammer Woodelf bow, while the King's Huntsman is unaltered. Sadly the latter suffered from a bad case of Finecast face, but I did what I could... And for an evening's work I'm very happy with the pair of them!

Blood Angels Assault Marines (WIP)
Pict 1266: Blood Angels Assault Marines (WIP)

Lastly, these Assault Marines are pretty much done as well. If the Rohan Commanders had not jumped the queue, they might be there already. The are only missing the weathering on the red armour, so I expect to have a neat little before/after comparison with the next post!



8 comments:

  1. Love how your Blood Angels collection is growing! The Avenger Strike Fighter turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! They are coming along nicely, quite a few more miniatures to come however.

      Delete
  2. Great job on the Avenger. The red colour really pops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like painting red, really one of the colours, I use the most.

      Delete
  3. Very nice Strike Fighter and thanks for the shout-out!

    I admire your painting output of the Marines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I'm suprised that I managed to stay on track for this long.

      Delete
  4. The Avenger looks the business. Really striking in that bold Blood Angels red scheme. I think the subtle weathering sells it as well.

    I do like those Rohan models with the dark burgundy colour instead of the green, they look really different to the stock colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I always liked the red accent colour on my Rohan models, but I was quite surprised that the King's Hunstman is wearing only one piece of cloth so that there is no green on him at all!

      Delete