Sunday 9 July 2017

Rick and Morty Poxwalkers and progress with the Hunter Orcs

Time is quite short and thus the progress is quite slow. I have been chiping away at Hunter Orcs and primed the Death Guard. But see for yourself:

Poxwalker Rick & Morty
Pict 210: Poxwalker Rick & Morty

Poxwalker Rick & Morty
Pict 211: Poxwalker Rick & Morty

The only thing to get done are my version of Poxwalker Rick and Morty. Once they sat primed on my desk I couldn't help myself and had to get started on them. The skin was mainly achieved with washes. The rest of the models I got to use more technical paints than ever on a project before. The rust is a mix of Typhus Corrosion and a bight Blazing Orange, the puss is Nurgle's Rot and Blood for the Bloodgod makes for amazing splatter.
The bases are still drying - I will put on some dead grass and puddles of Nurgle's Rot and hope the contrast from base to mini is good. I might have to put on a wash of Nuln Oil first to darken it down.

Hunter Orcs (WIP)
Pict 212: Hunter Orc (WIP)
There was some progress with the Hunter Orcs. Right now the basecoats are almost done and after that they will all be getting a wash of Agrax Earthshade. I want to play them in the German LotR / Hobbit Championship at the end of the month and the tournament has a police to only allow painted miniatures - all unpainted ones will be removed and you have to play with the resulting disadvantage. Once the washes are down I should get away with how they look, but of course it would be nicer if they were all done in time.

And that's that - a bit of a shorter one than ususal but soon there'll be more free time again.

2 comments:

  1. Y-you see Cronenberg Morty! A whole world of Cronenberg people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *burp* You gotta get y-your hands deep in the p-p-pool of slime, Morty! P-Papa Nurgle wants it so!

      Delete