Sunday 4 February 2018

Gundabad sends Reinforcements

I made some good progress this week and painted my remainging Gundabad Berserkers as well as the Gundabad Orcs and the Keeper of the Dungeon.

Gundabad Orcs
Pict 359: Gundabad Orcs
Gundabad Berserkers
Pict 360: Gundabad Berserkers
Gundabad Orc Warriors
Pict 361: Gundabad Orc Warriors
I'm glad I wrote down what paints I used on my Gundabad Berserkers last year. That way I could refer back to my list this week to match them up. I had already used a similar way to paint the Gundabd Orc and I reapeaded what I had done with these new Orcs.

The Keeper of the Dungeons
Pict 362: The Keeper of the Dungeons
The Keeper of the Dungeons
Pict 363: The Keeper of the Dungeons
The Keeper was done in a similar way to the other orcs. With his odd bone armour and bear's feet as well as the blood in his beard he had some other colours introduced, but I keept him in line. He looks different than the way GW painted him as well as the version from the film but that way the force looks more cohesive.

Thráin the Broken
Pict 364: Thráin the Broken
Thráin the Broken
Pict 365: Thráin the Broken

Staying in Dol Guldur, I also painted Thráin the Broken. This was a quick one and I might get back to him to try my hand at freehanding some ornaments on parts of his coat. But for now I'm happy with him and look forward to using him in scenarios.

No comments:

Post a Comment