Sunday 17 March 2019

Mordor Orcs and three Hassassins

I finished the Mordor Orcs this week and I managed to order the next wave of Infinity miniatures and threw some paint on the first few of them.


Mordor Orcs
Pict 613: Mordor Orcs
Mordor Orcs
Pict 614: Mordor Orcs

I like how these turned out and I especially enjoyed painting on the symbol of the burning eye onto the shields. I took inspiration from the Black Guard of Barad Dur's icon and reproduced it a bit smaller. It might be nice to have the eye on the other Orcs as well, but I didn't really know where to put them. Other than that I pretty much used my recipe. I used some more warpaints on the skintones and I have to say you really have to thin them a lot, but then they flow nicely.


Hassassin Barid, Hassassin Ragik, Hassassin Lasiq
Pict 615: Hassassin Barid, Hassassin Ragik, Hassassin Lasiq
Hassassin Barid, Hassassin Ragik, Hassassin Lasiq
Pict 616: Hassassin Barid, Hassassin Ragik, Hassassin Lasiq

And here are the next few Hassassins for my Haqqislam: a Barid, another Lasiq and another Ragik. The newer sculpt of the Ragik is really nice in comparison with the old one but I was not quite sure how to replicate the colours. The Lasiq was easier, because the scuplts are really similar and the Barid worked well enough.

Hassassin Lasiq and Naffaûn in Battle
Pict 617: Hassassin Lasiq and Naffaûn in Battle
Nasmat ready to revive the Haqqislam Troupe
Pict 618: Nasmat ready to revive the Haqqislam Troupe

I also got to use these three in play yesterday. We had our third league day and I managed one win and a loss - nevertheless I had some fun lighting enemies up with an Forward Observer and then throwing grenades at them.

2 comments:

  1. Cheer up mate. It was a draw against me. Not a loss

    ReplyDelete