Sunday 14 June 2020

Two weeks of highlighting...

Well, I just spent two weeks highlighting miniatures. But in focusing on just that stage of painting, I managed to finish all the remaining Uruk-hai warriors with pikes as well as the first five Infinity miniatures of the year.

Uruk-hai Phalanx
Pict 903: Uruk-hai Phalanx
Uruk-hai Warriors with Pikes
Pict 904: Uruk-hai Warriors with Pikes

Man, I'm glad to be done with the Uruk-hai Warriors. And they really look amazing when arranged into a phanlanx like this. With this, my Isengard army is grown to quite a respectable size and I don't have that much more on my wishlist of things to get for it - only a few more warriors with crossbows and propably a second Ballista.
Having now painted a considerable amount of Uruks also is quite good for my numbers and I acually managed to surpass the number of painted models from last year - and it's only mid june! Great success!


Sekban Naval Group
Pict 905: Sekban Naval Group
Sekban Naval Group
Pict 906: Sekban Naval Group

In between batches of the Uruks, I also got around to finally finish the Sekaban I had started at the start of the year. These are also the first Infinity miniatures of this year (one of my resolutions was to paint all I have... we'll have to see). I really like the style of these models and they might just get me back to painting more Infinity.

4 comments:

  1. the pikemen look great. I bet they are tricky to handle in game. I'd probably end up with half of them stuck in my sleeve. Surely you can't have much Infinity left to paint? You've done a squillion points already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate! Yeah, I will propably only use the pikes that go straigt up. Otherwise getting them into basecontact might get difficult. And it's true, I might have gone a bit overboard when buying stuff for Infinity - allegedly a skirmish system...

      Delete
  2. I love the Uruks, large blocks like that are just beastly. I have an Ariadna force waiting to paint, just mocking me from the shelf of shame :-) I was going to paint them in either the Australian Federal Police scheme or as XCOM operatives... when I decide I will start on them... maybe next year... [shame!]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An XCOM operatives scheme soudn amazing for a group of Ariadnans! And I'm sure we all have projects that suffer a similar fate - I know I do!

      Delete