Sunday 12 September 2021

Warhammer Quest Cursed City: Finishing the Baddies

Today is going to be a bit of a bigger update summing up what I got done over the summer. The focus is still on finishing up the miniatures from Warhammer Quest: Cursed City – I completed the roster of villains and am in the process of painting the heroes.

Battle in the Cursed City
Pict 1054: Battle in the Cursed City

Gorslav the Gravekeeper and Torgilius the Chamberlain
Pict 1055: Gorslav the Gravekeeper and Torgilius the Chamberlain
Gorslav the Gravekeeper and Torgilius the Chamberlain
Pict 1056: Gorslav the Gravekeeper and Torgilius the Chamberlain
First up, here is the evil monk Gorslav. In the end I went with the dark robes because they looked allright once I highlighted them. Once again a very menacing model, really fitting into the grimdark/horror setting of Cursed City. His ability to bury the heroes alive is very evocative and frightening!
Torgilius, however, is probably the one model I like the least from the whole set. He a simple Necromancer and I'm not to happy with my colour choice. He might even look better in the photo?

Vyrkos Blood-born
Pict 1057: Vyrkos Blood-born
Vyrkos Blood-born
Pict 1058: Vyrkos Blood-born
Next up are the feral Vyrkos Blood-born. Once again amazing models and I appreciate them even more after finishing them. I went with a very bright skintone similar to how they are shown on the boxart. I do like the effect and decided to use this scheme going forward with the rest of my Vampires. I might even have to go over my older Vampires to bring them into line.

Radukar the Wolf and Korsagi Nightguard
Pict 1059: Radukar the Wolf and Korsagi Nightguard
Radukar the Wolf and Korsagi Nightguard
Pict 1060: Radukar the Wolf and Korsagi Nightguard
And onto the Big Bad of the Campaign: Radukar the Wolf and his bodyguard of undead Ogres, the Korsagi Nightguard. Radukar seems a bit small in comparison, but I do like his stance with one fist forward and his vicious sword ready to strike. The Nightguard were a joy to paint and look really great in their red coats.

Additional Objective Markers and Gravestones
Pict 1061: Additional Objective Markers and Gravestones
After finishing up the baddies, I took a bit of a pause from painting and to get back into it, I did these five simple models here: two additional Gravestones and three more Objective Markers to bring a bit more variety into my games. All in all quite simple, mainly converted from leftover parts of the old Citadel Woods, the Garden of Morr and the Cursed City Zombies themselves.

Cleona Zeitengale and Octren Glimscry
Pict 1062: Cleona Zeitengale and Octren Glimscry
Cleona Zeitengale and Octren Glimscry
Pict 1063: Cleona Zeitengale and Octren Glimscry
So now, I've only got the heroes of the game left to paint and I already started with the two Loremasters: Cleona Zeitengale and Octren Glimscry. The main hurdle for the heroes seems to be deciding on a colour scheme. After I get the base colours down and a wash on the model, they go very quick. Octren was the easier one of the two since I decided to go with very bright blue robes for Cleona that took some work. I also converted her a bit by removing her headdress and the streamers on her back - now she still looks fantastical to me but no longer that over-the-top.

Lù Duan
Pict 1064: Lù Duan
Lù Duan
Pict 1065: Lù Duan

And lastly onto something completley different: I recently got to play in an Infinity tournament (my first one of N4) and I needed this Lù Duan for my list. I hadn't painted any Infinity models since the Sekban from over a year ago and I have to say it was a blast – a simple and quick colour scheme and a great joy to see the Agrellan Earth do pretty much all the basing on itself.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome work all throughout! I especially like how you painted Cleona Zeitengale and Octren Glimscry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The heroes provide a chance to put a splash of colour to the set.

      Delete
  2. Great to see the Night Horrors vampire. Definitely one of my favourite Oldhammer ranges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and nice paint jobs as well :)

    ReplyDelete