Sunday 16 August 2020

WHFB High Elves: Testing Colours

After the Preyton, I was on a bit of a fantasy trip these past two weeks. I finished painting the Vampire Lord I started in April. I then was made aware of Bjorn Stormborn's Skaven and High Elf painting challenge on the occasion of the tenth anniversary of the release of the Island of Blood boxset. I decided to take part and decide on a colour scheme for my High Elves.

Prince Althran (WIP)
Pict 915: Prince Althran (WIP)

And here is my attempt at a colour sheme for my Warhammer Fantasy High Elves. I spent quite some time looking at old armybooks and the Uniforms & Heraldry book. I finally decided to go for a Eataine scheme since it will contrast well with my Wood Elves. I also once had a High Elf army with a similar scheme. But that one has been sold for quite some time... For now the scheme looks easy enough, but we'll have to see how masochistic it gets with large white robes.

This miniature of course is the foot model of Prince Althran - the Noble on Griffon from the Island of Blood set. I love the pose with the shield outstreched to parry an incoming blow while readying the sword for the next strike.

I want to see Althran finished by next week for the aforementioned challenge and I hope to try adapting the colour scheme on a different miniature.

Vampire Conversion
Pict 916: Vampire Conversion

As mentioned I also finished painting the Vampire Lord from a while back. Basically only the highlighting was left to do but somehow I found it difficult. But now that she's done I'm pretty happy with the miniature.

2 comments:

  1. I saw this and immediately thought 'Blood Elves' from World of Warcraft. It's a great colour scheme but Blood Elves are essentially evil (or used to be when I played. They were part of the Horde at any rate). I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean it's warhammer, so no-one is all that good... I think I simply like the combination of red and black - my Tyranids use that combination, my Flesh Tearers did...

      Delete