Sunday 16 July 2023

Screamer-Killer Carnifex

Only a small update today after the having cought up in the last one. I finished a Screamer-Killer to get back into painting Tyranids and made some good headway on the Trygon as well. I also converted five more Blood Angels Scouts and primed them up, ready to be painted.

Screamer-killer Carnifex
Pict 1327: Screamer-killer Carnifex
Screamer-killer Carnifex
Pict 1328: Screamer-killer Carnifex
Screamer-killer Carnifex
Pict 1329: Screamer-killer Carnifex

Before taking my painting to the expensive ForgeWorld Trygon, I wanted to refamiliarise myself with the process. And of course I could not say no to the big boy of the new box and painted up a Screamer-Killer Carnifex. It's a neat miniature but in places you notice that it's easy-to-build / monopose. Nevertheless I'm quite happy with the way he came out using my Kraken scheme. While certainly not my best model of all time, it painted up quickly which is important when going for a big swarm of Tyranids!

ForgeWorld Trygon (WIP)
Pict 1330: ForgeWorld Trygon (WIP)

The Trygon is also quite far along, with only the red stages of the carapace and some cleaning up left to do. Having painted the plasic version in the past, I have to say that the ForgeWorld mini really is miles above it in terms of details. There a virtually no flat surfaces so that everything looks suitably organic and like a living organism.

Horus Heresy Blood Angels Scouts (WIP)
Pict 1331: Horus Heresy Blood Angels Scouts (WIP)

I also converted five more Scouts for the Blood Angels Legion – including some more funky hair styles and a Sergeant with a power fist and a hand flamer, just because it's cool. I also primed them all with the usual formula of black primer with a red zenithal. They should not take to long to paint but I might be distracted by the Tyranids for now...


4 comments:

  1. That Screamer Killer is awesome.
    I really like the black-red effect on the carapace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I'm very happy with it myself - I think it does look better than the 'nids I painted five years ago.

      Delete
  2. Cool big bugs and very nice conversions on the Scouts.

    ReplyDelete