Sunday 17 December 2017

Again with the Death Guard but also more Tyranids

This week I finished the Nurgle Chaos Space Marine Sorcerer from last week's post. And, after I finished reading the new Tyranids Codex, I again picked up the brush to get some more bug on the table, but see for yourself.

Nugle Chaos Space Marine Sorcerer
Pict 303: Nugle Chaos Space Marine Sorcerer
Nugle Chaos Space Marine Sorcerer
Pict 304: Nugle Chaos Space Marine Sorcerer
Chaos Lord, Malignant Plaguecaster
Pict 305: Chaos Lord, Malignant Plaguecaster
Chaos Lord, Malignant Plaguecaster
Pict 306: Chaos Lord, Malignant Plaguecaster
Other than the aforementioned Sorcerer, there are pictures of the Chaos Lord and the Malignant Plaguecaster. The former is there because I finally managed to finish his basing the latter, since I noticed that up until now I only had shown him in the group-picture of the finished Death Guard from the Dark Imperium Box, but not on his own. He was finishedd right before I took the group shot, but somehow I forgot to take singles of him.
With that I managed to paint up all of the Death Guard again, but I'm tempted to buy some more Poxwalkers and more Plagemarines - we'll see what I'll get myself for christmas.

Tyranid Shrikes (WIP)
Pict 307: Tyranid Shrikes (WIP)
Tyranid Warriors 2nd edition
Pict 308: Tyranid Warriors 2nd edition
With the new Tyranid Codex I looked at all the Tyranids that lay unpainted in a box and discovered these fun little Shrike conversions. I was sad to see, that they are not only no longer in ther Codex, but that the loadout I build them with (all close combat weapons) is not even legal when playing with the Index. I didn't bother to change them since I'm playing so little 40k these days and I do hope my opponent wont take offence to how they are built since we mostly play open or narrative scenarios. Other than that there are two second edition plastic Warriors. I painted one up in 2015 and now I feel like painting the rest of the brood.
Right now I only drybrushed the skin areas. The next step - doing the carapace - always takes the longest but I hope to power through so that I can finish them all before christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment