Sunday 3 December 2017

Goblintown - done for the day?

This week I'm able to show you a completed version of the Goblintown board, I worked on during the last few weeks.

Goblintown Board
Pict 297: Goblintown Board
Goblintown Board
Pict 298: Goblintown Board
The Goblinking's Throne
Pict 299: The Goblin King's Throne

These pictures show a put together version of the board and a closeup of the Goblinking's Throne. The deatils on the Throne as it comes in the box are great - esspecially the pot of poo under it - but you do have to put in some work into it to make it look good on the rock.
The rest of the board looks nice enough all put togheter - I'm happy with the amount of coverage I got with the plattform and it overall creats a good look. There are a few things I want to cange/add to it. Firstly I'd like to add some ladders to get to the upper levels and up to the Throne. Secondly I want to make the two baseboards more similar. I hadn't put them side by side up untill now and the browns are not quite the same. I'd like to go over the whole thing and darken it down even further and adjust the two while doing that.

Goblintown Ojective Markers
Pict 300: Goblintown Ojective Markers
I then painted some obejective markers fitting in with the board. Luckily GW put markers in the Goblintown boxset so that I didn't have to sculpt them. I used the basing scheme of cut up coffeestirrers I also used on my Goblintown army.

With this project (mostly) done I now have kind of a blank slate (as in I don't have to finish anything for a tournament or something), so that I now will be able to start on something random I wanted to do for a long time. Or maybe I'll be able to finish some stuff? I'll decide the next time I sit at my hobbydesk.

No comments:

Post a Comment