Sunday 4 March 2018

More from the Eriador Alliance of Arnor and Noldor

This week was rather productive and I managed to finish the Arnor Warriors as well as some more Highelves.

The Eriador Alliance
Pict 375: The Eriador Alliance
Pict 376: Arnor Warriors
I'm rather happy to have these Arnor Warriors finished and off my desk after they stood ther for about two weeks. Now that they are done, I'll have to get to some Rangers and Hobbit Archers to round out the rest of the company.

Elrond, Gil-Galad, Glorfindel
Pict 377: Elrond, Gil-Galad, Glorfindel
Elrond, Gil-Galad, Glorfindel
Pict 378: Elrond, Gil-Galad, Glorfindel

After I painted the Highelf Captain last week, I had a taste for more of them and started work on more heroes. I really like this particular sculpt for Elrond  - the face is a great rendition of Hugo Weaving. Gil-Galad is nice as well but Glorfindel's face was somewhat difficult to do... It always looked like he had a mustache - and that's clearly nothing a great elven hero has.

Elladan, Elrohir
Pict 379: Elladan, Elrohir

Now that I painted Elrond a few times, I also had to finish his two sons. I got the miniatures just last year from a friend and thus the didn't even wait that long for the paintjob. The poses are a little strange but they are good enough. I haven't used them befor in the game and only played them once or twice but they seem really good on paper. They are not quite finished though as they are missing the leaves I usually put on the bases as well as the victory lap around the rim of the base.

Highelf Warriors
Pict 380: Highelf Warriors

I painted these two Noldor Warriors during the same stretch, I painted Elrond's twins (as you can see by the state of the base). They both use the banner bearer as a base and both are coverted is simple ways. I turned the banner, because it seemed weird, flowing over his head. That might be the years of looking at Warhammer Fantasy banners that conditioned me to always have the banner point behind the miniature? The other one will be part of my battle company as a normal warrior for now - I used part of a plastic Elvenblade to equip him with one and scraped the bottom end of the bannerpole away to make it work. I really like the resulting pose and think about getting mre of them to repeat the conversion.

2 comments:

  1. are these pre-LotR? I thought Arnor was a bit of a wasteland (Aragorn is the heir apparent and he's just a vagrant?) and there were only Gondor Warriors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the timeline is a bit funky. The miniatures came with the "Riun of Arnor" expansion and are meant to show Arnor about a thousand years prior to the War of the Ring. I plan to use them with Battle Companies and thus they will have to be decendant over a few generations. But the goal to get to the ruins of Fornost fot the Campaign in the book is rather fitting.

      Delete