Sunday 25 March 2018

Spinefist Termagants and of course more DnD

The Termagants from last week were finished up fast but since I didn't have to much time to hobby, I only got to one more project.

Termagants (Spinefists)
Pict 396: Termagants (Spinefists)
As I said earlier, these were only missing a few colours last week. I only had to put on the brighter red and clean up the carapax in some places with black. I also used the black for the spots on the head, the shoulders and around the hips.I really like how the spinefists look - I wanted some Gants with this more unusual gear so that the spinefists wouldn't all end up in my bitsbox and to break up the units.

Intellect Devourer
Pict 397: Intellect Devourer
Intellect Devourer
Pict 398: Intellect Devourer

This Intellect Devourer is the next miniautre for my growing D&D menagerie. On top of that it's the first one I painted from Gale Force 9's Dungeons and Dragons Collector's Series. These miniatures are awsome scuplts but sometime you do have to quite a bit of greenstuff work to fix the seams. And you do have to be careful to not break them. The Intellect Devourer painted up pretty fast as well since I didn't use to many colours but I really like the way it turned out.


Genestealers (2nd ed.)
Pict 399: Genestealers (2nd ed.)

With the Termagants done, I was inspired to do more of them and so I started by cleaning moldlines off of some more old miniatures - this time it's Genestealers. I also broke of some of the arms to swap them around so that I could have more than two poses.As you can see they are rather colourful right now - they were bought with a larger lot and are awaiting some primer to get them started as soon as I can get to it.

2 comments:

  1. The walking brain! God, that takes me back! Nice. Your photos are getting darker tho. Try moving your lamps around : https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/03/06/the-model-photo-how-to-photograph-models-for-display/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you're right. I didn't have that much time yesterday to take the photos and had to use a different camera. I'll try to be better with the lights but I suspect that it could also be the white-balancing on this camera. I'll fiddle around with it for the next blogentry!

    ReplyDelete