Sunday 21 May 2017

Itsy Bitsy (Phase) Spider

I started this week's paiting of with the last Goat Rider and then I focused (again) on more DnD monsters. Other than that I painted one more Schicksalspfade miniature and started work on so many projects that I had to take a step back, pack a few things back into their respective boxes and focus.

Phasespider Miniature DnD
Pict 160: Phase Spider

Phasespider Miniature DnD
Pict 161: Phase Spider

Phasespider Miniature DnD
Pict 162: Phase Spider

Phasespider Miniature DnD
Pict 163: Phase Spider

Bugbear Miniature DnD
Pict 164: Bugbear

Bugbear Miniature DnD
Pict 165: Bugbear

First are the mentioned monsters. The four pictures of the spiders show two Phase Sipders made by WizKids in their Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures line. As with the other miniatures from that line I painted during the last weeks there were some mold lines, but they were not that bad this time around - only the legs had to be scraped. Since the two spiders had the same pose, I cut one from the stoneslab they are sitting on and got her a nice log to drag around. The bugbear painted up rather nicely. I really enjoy the details in the face and am looking forward to painting the other bugbear (it's already in my table...).

Knight from Weiden Das schwarze Auge
Pict 166: Knight from Weiden

Knight from Weiden Das schwarze Auge
Pict 167: Knight from Weiden
Next up is the Schicksalspfade miniature I painted this week. The fully armoured Knight ment a lot of metals and thus he painted up rather quickly (no skin to paint!). I do look forward to getting to play the game sometime - I ordered some more miniatures to complete two warbands of six models and have four mercenaries to change up the lists a bit.

Ironhills Goatriders
Pict 168: Iron Hills Goat Riders
And lastly here is the group shot of the Goat Riders I promised last week. Now that they are done the only Iron Hills Dwarfs missing right now are the dismounts and the banner bearer and they are coming along nicely! With the amazing chariot up for preorder this week the list of dwarfs that want to get painted might expand in the near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment