Sunday 18 June 2017

Azog the Defiler and Lackey

This week I finished up Azog on foot and Azog mounted on the White Warg, that I started last week. Other than that I started painting Yazneg, Azog's Lieutenant in the first of the Hobbit filmes.

Azog Hobbit SBG
Pict 187: Azog foot and mounted

Azog Hobbit SBG
Pict 188: Azog mounted

Azog Hobbit SBG
Pict 189: Azog mounted

Azog Hobbit SBG
Pict 190: Azog mounted
First up I present to you Azog mounted on the White Warg. Emphasis on white! Man I had to struggle to achive a whiteish tone that I was happy with for the warg. With other wargs and other colourations you can easily drybrush the thing and call it a day, but with white you have to be a little mor selective. The furcoat as it stands is not my best work and given enough time, I might produce something more realistic, but im all right with the way it stand now - he's ready to hit the tabletop, and that's what I want him for.

Azog Hobbit SBG
Pict 191: Azog on foot

Azog Hobbit SBG
Pict 192: Azog on foot

Azog Hobbit SBG
Pict 193: Azog on foot
Next up is the Defiler on foot giving me a chance to talk a little about painting the skin. I wanted the scars to stand out and thus washed with Reikland Fleshshade over a Rakarth Flesh base. After that I layered some more Rakath Flesh, Pallid Wych Flesh and Ulthuan Grey on the highest elevations such as the brow and the nose. I'm pleased with how the miniature looks from an arm's lengh but up close you tend to pick up the wierder, darker tones the Shade has left in some places. But nonetheless I'm pleased with the different whites I achived on the warg and Azog himself, resulting in a nice contrast.

Yazneg Hobbit SBG
Pict 194: Yazneg (WIP)
And lastly here's the work in progess for this week: Yazneg. Nothing to fancy yet - only the basecoats and washes. Befor I can continue on him I'll have to refresh my browntones since as of today my Rhinox Hide, Rakarth Flesh and Tallar Sand are all empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment