Sunday 4 June 2017

Hunter Orc Heroes for the Hobbit SBG

This week I started work on my Hunter Orc Army for the Hobbit SBG. Since I finished the Iron Hills Dwarves I figured I could allow me to get started on this new project.

Jägerork Helden Hobbit SBG
Pict 174: Hunter Orc Heroes
Hunter Orc Jägerork Narzug Hobbit SBG
Pict 175: Narzug
Hunter Orc Jägerork Narzug Hobbit SBG
Pict 176: Narzug
I started with Narzug, because I wanted to see how the whiteish war paint would look on him. I feared it would look to much like a Isengard Uruk-Hai, but with the stripes down his torso, I think it look all right. The bases are themed after Dol Guldur, because I really love scene in wich the White Council attacks Sauron and the Ringwraiths and I once I get them I want them to be able to mix and match with Azog's Hunters and Azog's Legion.

Fimbul Jägerork Hobbit SBG
Pict 177: Fimbul
Fimbul Hunter Orc Jägerork Hobbit SBG
Pict 178: Fimbul
Fimbul Düsterwarg Hobbit SBG
Pict 179: Fimbul on Fell Warg

Fimbul Düsterwarg Hobbit SBG
Pict 180: Fimbul on Fell Warg

Fimbul Düsterwarg Hobbit SBG
Pict 181: Fimbul on Fell Warg

The other Orc I painted this week is Fimbul. I really enjoyed painting the bone-like harness and his blade. The skin is lighter to the one I painted on Narzug - I mixed Steel Legion Drab into the Doombull Brown I used on Narzug. I really like painting the Heroes of a force because I can take my time mixing different tones. Depending on the time I have for normal Hunter Orcs, I might do so with them too, but usually the army has to be done for a specific date like a tournament...

Next will be the remaining Hunter Orc heroes Yazneg, Bolg and of course Azog. But we'll see what distracts me during the coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment