Sunday 22 October 2017

More Asrai and Noldorim

I finally tackled on of those projects that stood around half-finished! Besides two more Wardancers, I got around to paint some Highelves for the Hobbit SBG. Other than that I started batch-painting some Rohirrim to bolster my mounted forces with some footmen.


Shadowdancer, Shadow Coil
Pict 263: Shadowdancer, Shadow Coil
Shadowdancer, Shadow Coil
Pict 264: Shadowdancer, Shadow Coil
Since I painted the unit of Wardances some weeks back I have been eying these miniatures. Since they are only two miniatures, the awesome poses were able to convince me to slip them into the painting queue. With the Shadow Coil done I now painted all the mail order exclusive miniatures - I find they break up a normal unit of wardancers nicely and are unique enough to be counted as Champions or even Shadowdancers.

Noldorim
Pict 265: Noldorim
These miniatures are part of a 400 point Highelf army that I worked on for about two years. I built the force around the two heroes Elrond and Lindir, both on foot in Heavy Armour. I very much love the idea of a Nature's Wrath every turn - but to get that the dice have to play along... For the colour scheme I took notes from the Rivendell Knights - I'd like to have a consistent force and thus my Highelfs represent the Noldorim of the Third Age.
With this project completed I also surpassed my painting tally of last year! So anything I paint will add to my new record even if I wont be able to reach my lofty goal of painting up more than I buy.

Pict 266: Rohan Warriors (WIP)

Finally here's a WIP picture of the next big project: foot slogging Rohan. This army relies on throwing spears to soften up the opponent. I'm looking forward to using this one in games as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment