Monday 2 October 2017

More dancing Asrai and finally finished the Ogres

So this week was productive in terms of numers of painted miniatures and I'm really happy to have surpassed 200. Not to many more and I'll surpass last year's tally.

Wardancers
Pict 256: Wardancers
Wardancers
Pict 257: Wardancers
First up: Here are the Wardancers I started last week. I just finished them right now and the basing materials are still drying. I really had a great time painting them and once the first few highlights were down they came together rather quickly. I tried out some different shapes with the freehands, but didn't go to crazy. There are still about ten more Wardancers somewhere in a box but I might switch it up with the Asrai... I had started with the Warhawk Riders but I plucked them from their mounts again to ad some more flowing capes.

Gundabad Ogres
Pict 258: Gundabad Ogres
Gundabad Ogres
Pict 259: Gundabad Ogres

And here are the Gundabad Ogres finally finished. It took a while but now I'm happy with their skin. The yellowness of last week disappeared quickly with two glazes. After I was done with all those I added a little Reikland Fleshshade to deepen shadows such as under the knee or between the fingers. As a finishing touch I added the leafs to the bases.

So that's what I painted this week. The plan still stands to finish up some more projects on my desk, but right now I'm torn and don't know what will be next. Usually I'd try and show a WIP but since there are so many I'll surprise myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment