Sunday 29 July 2018

Zuggtmoy the Demon Queen of Fungi

Things are slowing down with the real-life and the heat taking my time and energy to paint away. But I found the time to paint another miniature from the Dungeons and Dragons Collector's Series: Zuggtmoy, the Demon Queen of Fungi.


Zuggtmoy, Demon Queen of Fungi
Pict 471: Zuggtmoy, Demon Queen of Fungi
Zuggtmoy, Demon Queen of Fungi
Pict 472: Zuggtmoy, Demon Queen of Fungi
Zuggtmoy, Demon Queen of Fungi
Pict 473: Zuggtmoy, Demon Queen of Fungi
Zuggtmoy, Demon Queen of Fungi
Pict 474: Zuggtmoy, Demon Queen of Fungi

I tried to emulate the colours of the oficial art of Zuggtmoy's monster entry. I really enjoyed painting with the vibrant colours and blended them wet on the miniature - something I usually don't try. Here, it seved as a great foundation to built on with serveral layers of washes and other diluted paints. After that I only had to pick out the details like the eyes and the shelf-like fungi and lighter patches.

2 comments:

  1. Love the colours and that is one sweet model. Who makes it? I don't even know who owns D&D these days. It was TSR back in my day. Then Wizards of the Coast? You should do vibrant more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll keep the vibrant colours in mind for other fitting miniatures.

      Yeah, D&D is still with WotC, but the so called D&D Collector's Series is licenced to Gale Force Nine. They make some great resin miniatures, but I also had a few that had bad moldlines (for exemple the Duergar Warrior).

      Delete