Sunday 19 March 2023

A Scottish Werewolf in the Desert

One week late, because the Real life is rearing its ugly head once again leaving me less time to paint than I would like... Nevertheless I managed to paint up five miniatures for Infinity to make a start on one of my new year's resolutions and put some paint on Radukar the Beast.

McMurrough and Friends
Pict 1285: McMurrough and Friends
Yara Hadadd, Yasbir, McMurrough, Daylami and Ghulam Infantry
Pict 1286: Yara Hadadd, Yasbir, McMurrough, Daylami and Ghulam Infantry

Seems like I cought the Infinity bug again. I blame Ash Barker's Tactical Awareness podcast! I've been listening for a while and have been thinking about painting something from the Infinity universe. These five will form part of my Hassassin sectorial.

The stand out has to be McMurrough the mercenary Dog-Warrior. What's not to love about a scottish Werewolf with a giant sword!

The Yara Hadaddad miniature is a conversion from an old Tuareg scuplt. I converted her right at the end of  my last stint with Infinity and painting her now seemed like the right thing to do!

The Ghulam with HMG is one of the oldest sculpts in my collection, right out of the first edition of the game. He'll probably play the part of a Ghulam with Grenade Launcher, at least as long as that load out is not available.

This was also the first time for me to make my own grass tufts. Really not that hard and they look great on the bases! Only problem is, that I will now have to go back through my collection and add tufts to the bases...

Having painted these five, I completed the first part of one of my new year's resolutions. Now, I only have to go ahead and play a game with them as well!

Radukar the Beast and Vyrkos Bloodborn (WIP)
Pict 1287: Radukar the Beast and Vyrkos Bloodborn (WIP)

This is the first update on Radukar the Beast I'm painting for #MonsterMarch on my blog. You can see a first picture with the base colours established on Radukar the Beast and his two Vyrkos Bloodborn minions over on Swordmaster's blog. By now the three have had their washes and are waiting for the highlighting and detail work.

Badab Enforcers (WIP)
Pict 1288: Badab Enforcers (WIP)
Lastly I also started on these five Palanite Enforcers. I bought them second hand at the start of the year, so I don't know if they are built with legal loadouts. But since I want to use them in even smaller, narrative circumstances, I don't care that much. They will be part of my Badab War collection, forming the human compartment of the Tyrant's Legion.
For now, the basecoats are almost done. I plan to use mainly sponge highlighting and a heavy oil wash to give them a grimy look to tie them in to my Howling Griffons.

5 comments:

  1. Radukar and his cronies are looking great already. Just with the basecoats on, he has a presence, I'm sure he's going to look great when finished.

    Infinity isn't something I ever got into as a game, but I loved the anime styling of the mini's. The big dog soldiers there looks awesome with the tartan kilt.

    As for your Badab War enforcers, the Bad War is something me and a friend have always spoken about, but never gotten round to doing anything with, must admit I do like the Howling Griffons you linked to, with their night camo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think Radukar' pose does some heavy lifting. Its great fun to bring the character to life.
      The Badab War is one of those amazing stories from 40k's early history retold expertly by Alan Bligh. And especially with the Tyrant's Legion there is an amazing potential for kitbashing.

      Delete
  2. Awesome work! I especially like Radukar the Beast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Yes, back to the Undead I go... might even be a few of the very old ones in my to do pile as well.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I'm really looking forward to that! :)

      Delete