Sunday 8 January 2017

A First Update to my Iron Hills Army

The first week of the year was quite a good onr for painting. I finished the first few miniatures and started work on some more. The main focus was the Iron Hills army with the ballista and some warriors completed.

So here's what I got done this week:

Iron Hills Ballistae
Pict 003: Iron Hills Ballista

Iron Hills Ballistae
Pict 004: Iron Hills Ballista

Iron Hills Ballistae
Pict 005: Iron Hills Ballista

Iron Hills Ballistae
Pict 006: Iron Hills Ballista

The first completed model of the year was the ballista. The main part was almost completed on new year's day as seen in the WIP picture of the last post. I added highlights to the metals to reduce the rust effect. The wooden parts got a similar treatment - some highlighting - after that I added some more brown wash to deepen the shadows where the wood meets the metal parts. The crew was easy enough to paint since I decided that the gold stripes Forge World put on their Dwarfs where to ostentatios for mine.
With the miniature finished, I appreciate the amount of detail Forge World maged to produce even more. I'm really happy how it came out and am considering buying an other one with my next order. I'd really like to try and convert it so that the Dwarfs are loading the bolt into the machine.

Iron Hills Warriors
Pict 007: Iron Hills Warrior

Iron Hills Warriors
Pict 008: Iron Hills Warrior

Iron Hills Warriors
Pict 009: Iron Hills Warrior

Iron Hills Warriors
Pict 010: Iron Hills Warrior

Iron Hills Warriors
Pict 011: Iron Hills Warrior

When I was done with the siege engine I wanted to start on the army to accompany it. This was the first dwarfen warrior I painted for the force. As with the ballista crew the eyes where difficult; here even more so, because the spear and the shield where in the way. Since the completion of the first Dwarf I got two more done, so here's a group shot of my Iron Hills warriors so far.

Iron Hills Warriors
Pict 12: Iron Hills Warriors

No comments:

Post a Comment