Sunday 3 September 2017

The Lord of Contagion and the Feotid Bloat-Drone finished!

So this week I had only little time to paint (and I expect the next one to be similar...). But nevertheless I finished up the Lord of Contagion and the Bloat-Drone.


Lord of Contagion and Foetid Bloat-Drone
Pict 240: Lord of Contagion and Foetid Bloat-Drone

Lord of Contagion
Pict 241: Lord of Contagion

Lord of Contagion
Pict 242: Lord of Contagion

Since last I showed my Lord of Contagion, I washed the different areas and highlighted. Here I really enjoyed the folds of the cloak as well as the rips and tears - and I am happy with the warm shadows the Seraphim Sepia acomplished. It was only with this miniature that I became aware that I use almost no Agrax Earthshade with my Death Guard scheme, which I had not expected.

Foetid Bloat-Drone
Pict 243: Foetid Bloat-Drone

Foetid Bloat-Drone
Pict 244: Foetid Bloat-Drone
And here's the finished Drone. I afixed a piece of slate to the base because otherwise it would have been a bit empty. I love the way the Hawk Turquise works on the larger brass areas and gives the miniature more colour.
Now I only have to get on with the Plaguecaster and the Plaguemarines and then the whole set is done! Only thing left to do will be to actually play the game.

2 comments:

  1. Looking great! Nice work on the death guards! Just in time for a whole lot more deathguard to come out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I'll have to finish those remaining Plague Marines fast before the new stuff arrives at my door.

      Delete