Sunday 29 April 2018

The Illithid! (and a few Hobbits, all WIP)

This week was slower than the last one again and I didn't finish any miniatures. Instead of completing projects, I started new ones again.

Illithid (WIP)
Pict 415: Illithid (WIP)

These two creepy tentacle-humanoids will add to my D&D monsters once they are done. Right now however, I'm not to keen on the skin-mantle the Alhoon (Mind Flayer Spellcaster) has and I might change it to tattered pieces of cloth instead. Since I haven't yet put on washes, this should be a quick fix.

Hobbit Archers (WIP)
Pict 416: Hobbit Archers (WIP)
The second project are these Hobbit Archers. I'm painting them mainly for my Arnor Battle Company since they are on the reinforcement table and I only had one painted so far. They don't count against the bow limit so that you will get more of them once this limit is reached and you roll another Ranger. I really like the these sculpts with the unique little details and look forward to finishing them. Right now they have almost all of the basic colours on them - let's see how long it will take me to finish them.

2 comments:

  1. Great Cthulhu will be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

      I thought about making them green, but I wanted to experiment with the classic purple skin.

      Delete