Sunday 20 May 2018

Dol Guldur Diorama - finished!

This week was slow again - the real life seems to take over these last few ones... But at least I managed to work on Galadriel, Lady of Light.

Dol Guldur Diorama
Pict 429: Dol Guldur Diorama
Galadriel, Lady of Light
Pict 430: Galadriel, Lady of Light
Galadriel, Lady of Light
Pict 431: Galadriel, Lady of Light

I find her to be the weakest of the scuplts from the Vanquishers of the Necromancer set and thus postponed her from week to week. On top of that I had my difficulties with the dress - for one thing it's not all to clear what is flash or residue of the casting process, for anonther I was not to fond of the swamp-like design of the scene in the movie. I finally decided to go for a more colourful aproach with blue and green layers to her clothes. It's inspired by the colours in the scene but not as dark.

Dol Guldur Diorama
Pict 432: Dol Guldur Diorama
Dol Guldur Diorama
Pict 433: Dol Guldur Diorama

As you can see in the first picture, with Galadriel finished, I completed another of my new years pledges: The Dol Guldur Dioama. I'm quite happy to have it done and it will shurely stay on my shelf of the forseeable future. To stay within the scene of the movie, I had Radagast on his sleigh prepared and partly painted for some time. But after painting the Necromancer, I will have to paint the Dol Guldur Nazgul as well. But that will have to wait a bit - at least coming week I will probably wont have any time to paint.

2 comments:

  1. Really cool diorama but needs more Nazgul! And less Gandalfs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree on the Nazgûl part - and to an extend with the Gandalf part. But I wanted to combine the core of the White Council into one Diorama even if they didn't fight together in the scene.

      Delete