Sunday 10 February 2019

Fog on the Barrow-Downs

These past weeks, I was pretty productive and finished quite a bit starting with Tom, Goldberry and the Hobbits. With them finished I went on to the Daylami Infantry, after which I completed some more Hobbit miniatures.


Fog on the Barrow-Downs
Pict 582: Fog on the Barrow-Downs
Goldberry, Tom Bombadil
Pict 583: Goldberry, Tom Bombadil
Goldberry, Tom Bombadil
Pict 584: Goldberry, Tom Bombadil
Paralysed Hobbits
Pict 585: Paralysed Hobbits

Here is the completed Fog on the Barrow-Downs box. I very much enjoyed painting Goldberry's green dress and building the bases with the paralysed Hobbits on them. I wanted to recreate the scene from the book and thus added the shields, swords and some coins.


Daylami Infantry
Pict 586: Daylami Infantry
Daylami Infantry
Pict 587: Daylami Infantry

The Daylami made for an interesting paintjob - the colours were easy enough to translate on the sculpts. The faces, however, were as always a bit difficult... I blame the older scuplts and I'm looking forward to trying my hand on some of the newer ones.


Beorn
Pict 588: Beorn
Beorn
Pict 589: Beorn
Turns out you can get quite a lot done during the course of two week, if you can spare the free time. So this is what I started after I had completed the WIPs from the last post: Beorn as the man and as the bear. I used some Armypainter brown tones on the bear - as an experiment with a different paintline; I like them! I also tried my hand again at wetblending and the result on the coat is goodand I want to incorporate the technique more with my painting.
The base is done up in the same style as my Ironhills Dwarves so that I can ally Beorn in. I also have a spare Beorn in manform and I might convert him to fly on an eagle since I don't have anything better to do with it. Maybe later in the year...

Gundabad Captain
Pict 590: Gundabad Captain
Gundabad Captain
Pict 591: Gundabad Captain

Lastly I also painted the Mickey Mouse Gundabad Captain. This one was quick to paint - Now I might just have to get some more Gundabad Warriors since I was able to whip this one up in just a couple of hours...
 
Guhlam Doctor, Hunzakut, Naffatun
Pict 583: Guhlam Doctor, Hunzakut, Naffatun
And here is a quick photo of the next leg of my Haqqislam. I picked these out because they seemed to do something cool in the game and sculpts are similar enough to paint the three of them at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment