Sunday 27 January 2019

Hassassin Ragik and many Works in Progess

Just a quick update: I finished painting the Hassassin Ragik and managed to progress on a few different projects: other Haqqislam miniatures as well as Tom Bombadil, Goldberry and paralysed Hobbits from the Fog on the Barrow-Downs set. I also busted out the green stuff to finish filling the gaps on a big D&D monster.

Hassassin Ragik
Pict 575: Hassassin Ragik
Hassassin Ragik
Pict 576: Hassassin Ragik

First up is the Ragik. I really like the model with the wings and the landing pose. But it was a nightmare to put together (the wings have two pins each...) - I guess that's what you get for playing with miniatures that are maximally delicate. I changed the red arms from the last pictue to the grayI use for body armour. It fits better with the way the colours are placed on the model and is consistent with my use of colours on other models. Right now he's a bit shiny from the varnish since I didn't want to mess everythign up by spraying Armypainter's Anti-Shine in the cold and humid weather.

Daylami Infantry (WIP)
Pict 577: Daylami Infantry (WIP)

The first WIP are these two Daylami Infantrymen. With these I'll have finished the first 100 points and will be looking towards way of expanding the list to 120. The faces are rather small and I wonder how I will paint the eyes.

Tom Bombadil and Goldberry (WIP)
Pict 578: Tom Bombadil and Goldberry (WIP)
Paralysed Hobbits (WIP)
Pict 579: Paralysed Hobbits (WIP)

I am right in the middle of my annual rereading of The Lord of the Rings and at the beginning of the week the four Hobbits had reached Tom Bombadil and the Barrow-Downs after that. With those scenes in mind I started on the basecoats of theses miniatures. I don't plan on really using them in games but reading of them made me want to paint them as a short distraction from the other Middle-Eath projets going on. And with the Arnor shields towards the Hobbit's feet, I might use them as objective markers with my Rangers of the North and Arnorians.

Behir (WIP)
Pict 580: Behir (WIP)
Behir (WIP)
Pict 581: Behir (WIP)

After building the bases for the Hobbits I had still quite a large batch of mixed up green stuff so that I went to filling in the gaps on this Behir. I pretty much had to fill in all the seams because the fit of the pieces was not that great. I am sure that I could have done more by bending the resin with hot water but I should have done that befor glueing. I enjoyed the challence and working with green stuff more and am esspecially proud of the scales midway down the back: I had to rescuplt some of them to close the gap and think they came out great!

2 comments:

  1. Haqqislam and Tom Bombadil. You are truly eclectic. Nice green stuffing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't considered that, but now that you say it 'eclectic' really might be the word for me! I like it!

      Delete