Sunday 7 April 2019

The Owlbear Family, tiny Azra'il and more


This week I made headway with two more miniatures for my Haqqislam, the Objective Markers from last week and more Rohirrim for the Middle-earth SBG and even more. First up however is a new miniature for D&D.


Owlbear Family
Pict 629: Owlbear Family
Owlbear (GF9)
Pictt 630: Owlbear (GF9)
Owlbear (GF9)
Pict 631: Owlbear (GF9)

Right now I am also in the process of touching up older miniatures and giving them a protective coat. This week I got around to the Owlbears from two years ago. Now since I already had the fitting colours all mixed up, I got to painting another fierce Owlbear mommy to the little family. This particular miniature was part of GaleForceNine's Monster Paint Set and is comparativly large in comparison with the ones made by Darksword. Of course the details are way better with the metal miniatures but I really like the pose of this newer one.


Azra'il
Pict 632: Azra'il
Azra'il
Pict 633: Azra'il

These two figures do not really have a use right now - they are the outdated Azra'il models from about 2008. I really liked the look of them when I first got into the game and bought them now as legacy pieces when I had the chance. I might use them as proxies of some kind but sometimes it's great to simply paint some nice miniatures even if you don't have a use for them.


Sauron Objective Markes
Pict 634: Sauron Objective Markes
The Three Hunters Objective Markers
Pict 635: The Three Hunters Objective Markers

And here are the objective markers that I started last week. I pretty much went ahead with my plan on the evil markers and I really like the result. I also wanted to use wetblending on the markers with the leafs of Lorien but the green didn't really lend itself to it. I did put in a lighter green but after putting in the other details and the wash over it not much remains to be seen of it. Still, they will serve their purpose.


Riders of Rohan (WIP)
Pict 636: Riders of Rohan (WIP)


Lastly here is a WIP of seven more Riders of Rohan that I need to round out my army for the tournament at the end of the month. For now the base colours are down (sloppily) and I hope to finish them quickly with only the washes and the highlights to go.

2 comments:

  1. You're keeping busy aren't you!? The Owlbear family are a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, quite a lot of projects on my table right now. I love Owlbears - but I always wonder: Do they hoot, or do they growl?

      Delete