Sunday 31 March 2019

Mordor Orc Heroes and even more Haqqislam

I finshed up Golfimbul and Grishnákh and then got onto some more Haqqislam figures. I'm looking to bolster my choices there before we play the next stage of our league. After that I started on some other fun projects:


Golfimbul mounted, Golfimbul on foot, Grishnákh
Pict 623: Golfimbul mounted, Golfimbul on foot, Grishnákh
Golfimbul mounted, Golfimbul on foot, Grishnákh
Pict 624: Golfimbul mounted, Golfimbul on foot, Grishnákh

I really enjoyed to paint these miniatures - the faces are especially expressive and I'm very happy with how I managed to paint the eyes. Golfimbul of course has no reference in the films so that Citadel had to imagine something - I think that's why he looks rather like a Warhammer model. Even the fact that he's overweight reminds me of Grom the Paunch, a classic Goblin character.


Tuareg Hacker, Hassassin Govad HMG, Tuareg Sniper
Pict 625: Tuareg Hacker, Hassassin Govad HMG, Tuareg Sniper
Tuareg Hacker, Hassassin Govad HMG, Tuareg Sniper
Pict 626: Tuareg Hacker, Hassassin Govad HMG, Tuareg Sniper

And here are the next few models of the next wave of my Haqqislam army. I got myself two Tuaregs since we will be adding the rules for hacking next game and the possibility of popping out of T/O Camo and 'surprise'-hack the opponent seemed quite nice! The Govad with the HMG on the other hand will privide some heavy firepower.
I also experimented a bit with the 'greenery' I used on the bases with the addition of a bit of lichen to get another spot of brightness on the otherways rather dark bases. I like the effect and might have to go back and put a bit of lichen down on the other Haqqislam miniatures.


Sauron Objective Markers (WIP)
Pict 627: Sauron Objective Markers (WIP)

Back to Middle-Earth I have a big tournament coming up at the end of April and will have to paint some more additions to one of the armies. Before that however I will also have to paint at least three markers that we have to bring in for some of the missions played. Being me I of course will paint a whole set of six for each of my two armies... (The seventh one  here is the original.) I started with the evil ones by wetbleding a fade from yellow to red for the flames around the eye of Sauron and then picked out the iris in black, Sauron's helmet in a dark metal and the area around the flames with a dark grey. To finish these, I might just put down a wash on the grey and the metal, paint the rim black and then call it a day!


Rath Modar (WIP)
Pict 628: Rath Modar (WIP)

Lastly I got to painting for role-playing games once more. This miniature represents Rath Modar, a Red Wizard from Wizard's Tyranny of Dragons story line. For now however I will use him to play a Fire-Cleric in a Pathfinder game. I'm looking forward to trying my hand at the flames in his left hand - maybe even some OSL? I'll have to see what I can do.

2 comments:

  1. I like the Orcs and the Markers especially. Did you make those or can you buy them? Corvus Belli definitely get interesting poses on their models too. Good luck with the OSL, I haven't the patience or the skill and gave up trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The original for the comes with the new Three Hunters set. I made a mold of the piority coin and stuck the results on bases.

      Delete