Sunday 21 July 2019

Kobolds Attack!

This week, Kobolds attack! I did something good for my tally of painted miniatures and quickly put some paint on these minute monsters.

Kobolds Attack!
Pict 693: Kobolds Attack!

Kobolds
Pict 694: Kobolds
Kobolds
Pict 695: Kobolds

These Kobolds are rather cute but I wasn't that happy with the sculpts (Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures by Wizkids). The detail is somewhat washed out and that makes you guess sometimes what a particular detail is. I also didn't bother to paint the three versions of the same sculpts differently. I assume that the individual Kobolds will die fast enough in combat so that it wont matter. Nontheless I'm happy to have them in my arsenal to pester low level characters. I also like the little bright red spot I did on the heads that make them stand out and even cuter.



Female Gnome Fighter, Twiggy
Pict 696: Female Gnome Fighter, Twiggy
Female Gnome Fighter, Twiggy
Pict 697: Female Gnome Fighter, Twiggy

After that I finished the two gnomes I had started to balance out the Kobolds in the cosmic scales. Twiggy is a cool miniature, but I'm really in love with the female gnome fighter with the crossbow. Even if she should not be used as a hero, I will use her as a bandint or similar to ambush my heroes.



Goblintown Walkways and Plattform
Pict 698: Goblintown Walkways and Plattform

Since I wanted to have some cool scenery for those Kobolds to ambush the Gnomes in the first picture, I also painted these Goblintown walkways and plattform. I had built and primed them at the tail end of last september and even tough they paint up super fast, they lay about on my todo pile for quite some time now.

Hassassin Fiday, Husam Spec-Ops
Pict 699: Hassassin Fiday, Husam Spec-Ops
Hassassin Fiday, Husam Spec-Ops
Pict 700: Hassassin Fiday, Husam Spec-Ops

I finished this Spec-Ops for a tournament last weekend but he seemed to suffer from new model syndrome and didn't really help me. The Fiday was then painted this last week to prepare myself for the next escalation league I'll be a part of and in which I'll be playing the Hassassin Bahram sectorial.

Victor (WIP)
Pict 701: Victor (WIP)
And lastly here is a quick work in progress of the next Critical Role miniature: the insane blackpowder merchant Victor.




2 comments:

  1. It wouldn't be dnd without kobolds! I like the crossbow gnome too but goblintown is really good. All dank and weathered like it was lashed together from old buildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The kobolds with the ranged weapons are a bit fragile on the bowstring parts, but they look good in large numbers.

      Delete