Sunday 17 November 2019

Space-Ninja!

Once again I painted more Infinity miniatures – the titular Space-Ninja, Nakadai, as well as Saladin and two old Ghazi Muttawi'ah. Right now I like to paint Haqqislam miniatures when I haven't painted for a while: The colours are established, my technique is established and thus it makes for a good stepping-stone to get back into the swing of things.
After that I also did some work on more D&D miniatures: Trinked from Critcal Role and the halfling Quesnef.

Nakadai vs. Saladin
Pict 745: Nakadai vs. Saladin


Nakadai, Mercenary Oniwaban
Pict 746: Nakadai, Mercenary Oniwaban
Nakadai, Mercenary Oniwaban
Pict 747: Nakadai, Mercenary Oniwaban

Ah yeah, space-ninja! I finished painting Nakadai and enjoyed to get into some different colours. Since I based him the same as my other miniatures, he'll fit right in. For now he might be used as Saito Togan before I get my hands on one of Saito's miniatures. But if I managed to shoehorn all of the Outrage miniatures into an army, I just might have to go for that. We'll see what Dashat holds for me.
Trinket
Pict 748: Trinket
Trinket
Pict 749: Trinket
And here is Trinket from my last post finished. He was quite a fast paintjob but I very much liked to do the fur via wetblending and washes to deepen the shadows around the sculpt. For the base I went with the same scheme as with my limited Vax'ildan. I intend for the whole Vox Machina and Mighty Nine to match even if the other assorted Critical Role miniatures are on differing ones.

Saladin, Ghazi Muttawi'ah
Pict 750: Saladin, Ghazi Muttawi'ah
Saladin, Ghazi Muttawi'ah
Pict 751: Saladin, Ghazi Muttawi'ah

I also painted three more miniatures for my Haqqislam. The old Ghazi Muttawi'ah don't quite hold up: the faces are quite stereotypical and maybe even comical. Saladi on the other hand still strikes an imposing figure. I love the flowing cloak and the combination of myrmidon armour (he's a recreation by Aleph after all) and the Hafza shoulder pads.

Quesnef, Halfling Form (WIP)
Pict 752: Quesnef, Halfling Form (WIP)

And after all that I also started to paint the hafling form of Quesnef, a shapechanging Oni. He's from one the first D&D modules: White Plume Mountain and one of the more formidable foes one has to face if one want's the get to the famous sword Blackrazor hidden in that dungeon. I like the characterful sculpt and of course he is wearing a waistcoat – thankfully a green one in the official picutres, in red he'd be to close to the Bilbo from the films...

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have start listening to Critical Role again. That green and black colour scheme definitely works. Not on Trinket, obviously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been experimenting with colours (but looking at him now, the Halfling really resembles a Leprachaun...)

      Delete