Sunday 2 August 2020

Painting a Preyton

I finally got back to swinging the paintbrush and took out a Warhammer Preyton from the drawer of onloved miniatures. I also started to work on the Adult Red Dragon's base, but this seems to be a larger project...

Preyton
Pict 912: Preyton

Preyton
Pict 913: Preyton

Getting back into painting always takes me some time. This Preyton languished in a box for quite some time and I never really had a good idea of the colours I wanted to use. But simply starting by throwing some brown tones on the model got me started and the blue wings came naturally as a nod to the chaotic nature of the beast. The base fits my Wood Elf army since the monster was originally planned for a Storm of Magic game that never happened.

Adult Red Dragon Base (WIP)
Pict 914: Adult Red Dragon Base (WIP)

For the dragon's base, I started with the ground and the stones, using the same technique I used on the stones of the Blacksmith's Workshop. Painting the base, however, I noticed how it's somewhat unlogical. A mound of stones with a wall running through it? A treasure chest sticking out of the stone in the ground? - Oh well, it's not too bad because eventually a big red dragon will take up all the attention!

2 comments:

  1. My take is that the dragon landed on top of a treasury stronghold and blasted it apart. Broken walls and coins everywhere. There's no way he could pick up all that tiny loot with his fat fingers and this has made him very angry!

    Never heard of a Preyton before. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great explenation! Let's stick to that.

      Delete