Sunday 30 January 2022

Completing the Cursed City Box!

While the output of the past two weeks of painting is not that big in absolut figures, I finally managed to paint Dagnai Holdenstock, the last missing piece for my Cursed City box. This warrented a longer photo session to get all the models together in one place. I also painted my Troll Chieftain and even got to play some games with him.

The Cursed City Completed
Pict 1132: The Cursed City Completed
I really love how the set looks when all the models are put together. Seeing a coherent collection like this is really one of the joys of the hobby! I also took the time to collect the basic recipes I used on the Undead from the box into one of my recipes.

Dagnai Holdenstock
Pict 1133: Dagnai Holdenstock
Dagnai Holdenstock
Pict 1134: Dagnai Holdenstock
Dagnai Holdenstock
Pict 1135: Dagnai Holdenstock

And here is Dagnai – I'm very happy to have him at a stage where I can call him finished even if he's not quite up to par with the other heroes. I found the steampunk aesthetic not really to my liking for a fantasy setting. Selecting the areas to paint different shades of metalics was quite hard but now he's ready to loot the Cursed City!

Mordor Troll Chieftain (Repose)
Pict 1136: Mordor Troll Chieftain (Repose)
Mordor Troll Chieftain (Repose)
Pict 1137: Mordor Troll Chieftain (Repose)
Mordor Troll Chieftain (Repose)
Pict 1138: Mordor Troll Chieftain (Repose)

I also painted the Mordor Troll Chieftain. He was a really quick paintjob and already has two games under his belt. Of course I did not quite know how to use him most effectively so there will have to be a few more games still!

4 comments:

  1. These are awesome! Just once I'd like to paint all the minis in a boxed set. How immersive would that make the game? You may have inspired me to re-visit my Heroquest minis. Troll turned out great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do look forward to my next excursion into Ulfenkarn and have hopes for the teasered expansion (mainly for new models!).

      Heroquest is a beautiful set as well! Similar to the Cursed City you could probably batch paint quite a lot of it and concentrate on the heroes.

      Delete
  2. Not my kind of games, but very nicely painted miniatures nevertheless. Especially the Mordor Troll looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      If you go back a few years in the archive, there a pictures of my Flesh Tearers, Death Guard and of course Tyranids. They are not quite as well painted and really not as nicely photographed however...

      Delete