Sunday 16 October 2022

Two more Blood Angel HQs and more Progress on the Dreadnought

Once again a quick post to keep everyone up to date with my DreadTober Contemptor Dreadnought. I also managed to finish the two HQs for the Blood Angels that I started about a month ago.

Blood Angels Apothecary and Preator
Pict 1227: Blood Angels Apothecary and Preator
Blood Angels Praetor and Apothecary
Pict 1228: Blood Angels Praetor and Apothecary
Blood Angels Praetor and Apothecary
Pict 1229: Blood Angels Praetor and Apothecary

Two more leaders for the Blood Angels finished: both the Apothecary and the Praetor are converted with apropriate Jump packs to make them ready for any coming jump troops. With both of these, I felt a real hurdle during the highlighting stage. I feel like I get to this stage where there is not that much more to do but the miniature just does not look right and I get disheartened. But with only a few specks of paint on the right areas, the miniature starts to come together, really a magical transition!

Blood Angels Contemptor (WIP)
Pict 1230: Blood Angels Contemptor (WIP)

And here is the current progess on my Contemptor. I finished putting on the basecolours, slapped on some choice decals and then more or less drowned the thing in oilpaint. I'm still waiting for one more night for the oil to dry before giving it a coat of varnish and then it's onto the highlights!

4 comments:

  1. The Blood Angels are looking fantastic. That Praetor is *chef's kiss*.
    Looking forward to seeing the contemptor with his brothers when finished, they'll make a great army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I'll will be sure to take a group photo at the end of the month. I hope to have not only the Contemptor but also the Breachers finished by then!

      Delete
  2. Very nice. The miniatures would look even more awesome with refections in the lenses. Just paint them like gems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. True, the lenses were always a part of my Marines that I could improve. I might have to watch a few tutorials and then try it.

      Delete