Sunday 11 December 2022

A Blood Angels Leviathan Dreadnought

Just a quick update this week since I only finished one miniature in the past two weeks: the Blood Angels Leviathan. I also started work, however, on a big squad of Assault Marines for the Blood Angels as well.

Blood Angels Leviathan
Pict 1248: Blood Angels Leviathan
Blood Angels Leviathan
Pict 1249: Blood Angels Leviathan
Blood Angels Leviathan
Pict 1250: Blood Angels Leviathan
Blood Angels Leviathan
Pict 1251: Blood Angels Leviathan

The Leviathan really is an impressive kit. I had trouble handling him while painting – he's just that big! Even with all the addional bling provided by the Blood Angel specific miniature, I had quite a lot of fun using decals to put on additional heraldry.

Blood Angels Assault Marines (WIP)
Pict 1252: Blood Angels Assault Marines (WIP)

The next big project for the Blood Angels will be these 15 Assault Marines. You really can't do Blood Angels without some Jumppack Troops. And of course I have the Apothecary and the Preator with Jumppacks painted to go with this squad.
Even with the diffenent steps pretty much locked in, I will probably have to break the big group up into three smaller ones. I fear to go insane batchpainting to many at once...

8 comments:

  1. That Dreadnought looks brutal man! Great job! Love the weathering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another magnificent Dreadnought! This has been a good year for your Blood Angels :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes – the Blood Angels really have been my obsession of late...

      Delete
  3. Only just seen this but lovely Leviathan Dreadnought.
    This really has been a good year for your Blood Angels, I look forward to seeing more of the army in 2023.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I very much look forward to the new year as well - still quite a few Marines in my to do pile...

      Delete