Sunday 12 February 2023

The High Host of the Blood Angels

Once again, quite a successful couple of weeks with some more Blood Angels as well as a setof ruins from the Moonbase Klaisus.

Blood Angels High Host Destroyers
Pict 1272: Blood Angels High Host Destroyers
Blood Angels High Host Destroyers
Pict 1273: Blood Angels High Host Destroyers
Blood Angels High Host Destroyers
Pict 1274: Blood Angels High Host Destroyers

First up are the five Destroyers of Zephon's High Host. They painted up very quickly after my last post. A small squad of five Marines really paints up fast! I'm happy with how they came out and look forward to painting some more of those cool double pistol Destroyers!

Moonbase Klaisus
Pict 1275: Moonbase Klaisus
Moonbase Klaisus
Pict 1276: Moonbase Klaisus

After the Marines, I finally got to some more terrain to be used as a backdrop for the Heresy Marines. These ruins come from the Moonbase Klaisus set from a few years back. At first I was a bit taken aback with how blue the colour came out of the spraycan, but with a black oilwash, some sponge weathering and the pigments they do look quite nice now. As usual, I've written up how I painted these ruins on a separate page for future reference – you can find it in the sidebar on the right.

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant stuff as usual.
    Were you just using up what you had, or did you not want to include one of the grenade launchers Destroyers can get?

    I like the ruins with the blue paintwork, they really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I think it's a combination of the fact that I used the grenade launcher arms for the vexillological conversion and that I wanted the squad to be purely melee. It's still in my bitzbox waiting for the right moment to shine!

      Delete
    2. Vexllological conversion...sounds religious.

      Delete
  2. Haha! Yes, clearly autocorrect knows more!
    Of course either should be the "Vexilla conversion"
    Sounds equally wierd now!

    ReplyDelete