Sunday 4 June 2023

Ready for Gardenhammer

Once again, I do not find as much time for the hobby as I would like, but I finally managed to finish my 4x4 Realm of Battle gaming board and if the weather holds, I'm now ready to play some Gardenhammer! I also started to paint some reinforcements for my Badab Enforcers as well as more terrain for my 40k/Heresy collection.

Realm of Battle Board ready for Gardenhammer
Pict 1311: Realm of Battle Board ready for Gardenhammer
Realm of Battle Board
Pict 1312: Realm of Battle Board

These boards took up so much space, I had to put them away once the normal work week started. And of course, once out of sight, they were out of my mind. But with the bank holidays in May, I got them out once more and worked on them whilst watching the Star Wars prequels. I'm super happy with them and am very much looking forward to getting to play on them!

Crebain
Pict 1313: Crebain

These birdies were a really unexpected little project. I decided on saturday morning that I wanted to play them on the sunday in a simply Isengard army and started by putting them together. The painting as done within about an hour in the evening. Really what took the longest was carving the backs of the wings free from additional material between the feathers. They are clearly not my best painted units, but they should fit in nicely with the rest of my Isengard collection!

Badab Enforcers (WIP)
Pict 1314: Badab Enforcers (WIP)
Arachnos Rogue Doc and Orderlies (WIP)
Pict 1315: Arachnos Rogue Doc and Orderlies (WIP)

Reinforcements for the Space Police, including a dog! Of course, there is also a Rogue Doctor to patch up any wound they might sustain. I also kitbashed two cultist lads with chainswords. I like how their masks mirror the one worn by the Doctor. Clearly the Enforcers of Badab have already been infiltrated at this point!
At this stage, they had the base colours and sponged on highlights applied and are ready for an oil wash before getting onto the finishing touches.

40k Terrain (WIP)
Pict 1316: 40k Terrain (WIP)

Now that I have a nice gaming board for games in fantasy settings, I also wanted to do some more work to prepare for the upcoming edition of 40k and get some more Sci-Fi scenery on the go. Same as the Enforcers, these pieces are mostly ready for an oilwash.

4 comments:

  1. Once again some great stuff on the go here.
    Your gardenhammer board looks great, I like the grass flock tufts that you've added, really breaks up the uniformity of the RoB base.
    What is the building in the middle, I don't recall the kit that is?
    I do like the enforcer models and Doc and his attendants, how did you do the skin on the Tzeentch cultists as the sickly orange undertone looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The board was great to play on, even with the heat...
      The building is the Blacksmith Forge by Tabletop World. There is a post with closer pictures somewhere on the blog - detailed pictures can be seen on painting recipe for it on the right.
      The skin on the cultists is simply sponged Rakarth Flesh over Ungor Flesh. I'm looking forward to how it will turn out with an oilwash.

      Delete
  2. That's a great looking table, I'm looking forward to seeing it in some battle reports!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll see what I can do for battle reports!

      Delete