Sunday 14 May 2023

Even more Terrain

These past weeks, I continued with the terrain pieces I had started in my last post and after that used my remaining time to make some good headway on four more Real of Battle tiles using the same colours.

Charnel Throne
Pict 1304: Charnel Throne
Charnel Throne
Pict 1305: Charnel Throne
Tabletop World Wells and Middle-earth Statues
Pict 1306: Tabletop World Wells and Middle-earth Statues

There was really not that much more to do with these smaller pieces of terrain. What took the longest was doing the highlights on the throne and while I'm happy with the result, I don't think I will paint any skeletons in the next few weeks... After I was done with everything, I also decided to put a small piece of plastic card on the bottom of the statues so they don't look to far out of place should they fall over during play.

Realm of Battle Board (WIP)
Pict 1307: Realm of Battle Board (WIP)
Realm of Battle Board (WIP)
Pict 1308: Realm of Battle Board (WIP)

Realm of Battle Board (WIP)
Pict 1309: Realm of Battle Board (WIP)

Realm of Battle Board (WIP)
Pict 1310: Realm of Battle Board (WIP)

I'm really plowing ahead with my New Year's resolutions now – these tiles will get me to a playable 4x4 gaming board, fitting quite a lot of my scenery. For now they are in various stages of completion. The different sorts of static grass and greenery do take some time to dry. And because of their size, I can really only work on two at the same time

6 comments:

  1. Never been a fan of the faction specific terrain GW has churned out like the Charnel Throne, the LotR statues on the other hand are *chef's kiss*.
    I do like the subtle greenery you've added to them and the well, just enough to draw focus but not enough to overwhelm the piece.
    I'm sure the boards will look great once finished and with a scattering of terrain on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I agree, I'm not 100% sold on the charnel throne – you can pretty much only look at it from head on or from the back, the sides don't make to much sense if they are supposed to be made from bones... But I liked the nod to the sedlec ossuary with the big emblem.

      Delete
  2. Very nice terrain! I like the colour choice. It is something different and not the ever-present grey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope it all comes together once it's finished and does not look to drab.

      Delete
  3. Great job on the terrain. The boards have turned out well.

    ReplyDelete