Sunday, 4 October 2026

DreadTober 2026 begins! Eldar Dreadnought

Where did September go? (And August for that matter!) Suddenly it’s October and of course that can mean only one thing: DreadTober! This year I have pledged to paint up my (first) Eldar Dreadnought. Of course it will be part of my second edition Iyanden collection.

Iyanden Guardians and Avele Swifteye
Pict 1743: Iyanden Guardians and Avele Swifteye

But first, here are my Guardians and Commander Avele Swifteye finally completed. The highlights on the five missing Guardians have been done for quite some time, but I only recently got around to put the shrubbery onto the bases. I even dry brushed a little bit of Moot Green onto the flock to bring the highlights up and in line with the yellows.

Iyanden Eldar Dreadnought (WIP)
Pict 1744: Iyanden Eldar Dreadnought (WIP)

This is the current stat of the Eldar Dreadnought. I’ll admit, the basecoats were already done leading up to this. But the at least the decals are genuine DreadTober additions. I am not to sure how much time I will have to hobby and to blog this month (seeing as I missed September completely…). But I should still be able to finish this miniature and keep up some updates.

Iyanden Farseer (WIP)
Pict 1745: Iyanden Farseer (WIP)

At the same time that I worked on the Dreadnought, I also put the base colours and decals on the army’s leader. This classic Jes Goodwin sculpt is so much fun! I’m very much looking forward to painting in the transition from brown to bright red on these large lenses.

Iyanden Dark Reapes and Dire Avengers (WIP)
Pict 1746: Iyanden Dark Reapes and Dire Avengers (WIP)

I had already shown of the Dire Avengers in this picture, but the Dark Reapers are new. By now I have also decided on the names of the two Aspect shrines pictured here: The Dark Reaper Shrine of Far Off Death and the Dire Avenger Shrine of Clear Thought. All of these works in progress will be drenched in an oilwash over the next few days before receiving their highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment