While I did not have that much time to hobby, I managed to finish the paintjob on five Guardians and their leader for my second edition Warhammer 40k project. Five more Guardians are well on their way and I'm really looking forward to also put some greenery on all of their bases to complete them.
| Pict 1740: Iyanden Guardians and Avele Swifteye |
| Pict 1741: Iyanden Guardians and Avele Swifteye |
These five Guardians and Avele Swifteye to lead them are the first (almost) finished miniatures for my second edition Iyanden collection. The plastics do really paint up quite fast, since they do not have that much detail. I went with a more modern paintjob similar to my Blood Angels rather than the clean and meticulously blended style of the 90s. I do enjoy the messy edge highlights and scratches to paint in some additional detail.
I plan on giving them some really bright greenery on the bases. Both to set them on a verdant Maiden World and nod to the customary goblin green bases.
| Pict 1742: Iyanden Guardians (WIP) |
These five have all the detail work done and are only waiting for the yellow armour to recieve some layers and the highlights. After that it will be onto the next units. But before basecoating more Aspect Warriors, I might just try and squeeze in the time to highlight my Aeronautica fleet, since they follow pretty much the same steps that I'm doing on these 28mm Eldar.
No comments:
Post a Comment