Sunday 25 February 2018

Update on last week's projects (Tyranids, Arnor) and new stuff

This week was a little better in terms of hobby time. I managed to finish the Tyranids from last week and progressed the Arnor Warriors somewhat. I also got to prime some more miniatures and I got some more paint on some of those.

Pyrovore and Ripperswarms
Pict 371: Pyrovore and Ripperswarms
And here they are: The remaining Tyranids from my new New Year's pledge. The Ripperswarms look great with that many bugs on one base but they are really fiddly to get to all their claws when they are glued down like that...
Let's see what I'll go to next 40k-wise... Right now I'm pretty focused on LotR and D&D miniatures, but I hope to get together with one of my 40k friends to paint and I suppose I'll be getting to more Tyranids by then.
Arnor Warriors (WIP)
Pict 372: Arnor Warriors (WIP)
These Arnor Warriors are coming along as well. They have all their washes done and I'm now in the process of highlighting the colours back up. The faces are done already and they shouldn't take to much longer.
Giant Spiders (eBob)
Pict 373: Giant Spiders (eBob)

And here are some new figures. Well, not entirely new since I already showed them when I had assembled them. Now that the weather was good enough to get some priming done, I also put them on my table to paint. Thankfully they painted up really fast and I very much enjoyed differentiating them.
Pict 374: Noldor Captain

And lastly here is another miniature for my Noldorim. I got him of eBay just this week and I painted him up quickly to use him in my battle company since I'm using the armoured Celeborn as one of my warriors and he doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the company since I introduced some other colours to differentiate the Sindar Celeborn from my Noldorim.

With all those minis painted up, my ratio of painted to new miniatures is barely in the green again! Let's see what I get up to this coming week - as stated above, I'm pretty into the Middle-Earth SBG and D&D and there are some great miniatures in boxes that just wait to get some colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment