Sunday 28 October 2018

Finishing Barrow-Wights and Restarting Infinity

Five more models added to the tally this week: the Barrow-Wights and a remote for my Haqqislam.

Barrow-Wights
Pict 529: Barrow-Wights
Barrow-Wights
Pict 530: Barrow-Wights

I love putting in the splash of colour with the Hawk Turquois on the tarnished bronze and getting the white robes right was not that bad after all. I'm debating wether I should pick out the eyes in turqois as well - the glow might be nice, but I don't want them to be White Walkers. But for now they are ready to menace some hobbits!


Nasmat Remote (Doctor)
Pict 531: Nasmat Remote (Doctor)
Nasmat Remote (Doctor)
Pict 532: Nasmat Remote (Doctor)
And this cute little robot is the (re-)start of my Haqqislam army for Infinity. My friend over at Out of Curiosity intends to run an escalation league and has persuaded me to join in. Just at the right moment as well - I was thinking of selling them off to make some space! When I first painted them about seven years ago, I went for a colourscheme of earthy colours and reds but I pretty much only worked with a basecoat and a wash. Now that I stripped them all, I wanted to go for something similar but with more definition and this remote is what I came up with.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you didn't leave them black and white. Even a subtle hint of colour makes them look better and the bases help too. They look great and I'm interested to see what you do with Infinity. Its one of those games I dabbled in a bit and then got distracted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite the same for me with Infinity. - I hope the league will keep me on track to get stuff painted.

      Delete