Sunday 25 November 2018

Even more Orcs and some Converting for 30k

Sadly no progress with Alfrid but I managed to finish the six Hunter Orcs from last week. Other than that I went ahead with the rest of my Hunter Orcs on foot. I also managed to collect all the bits for a conversion I had in mind for some time.

Hunter Orcs
Pict 540: Hunter Orcs

First up are the remaining six Hunter Orcs with the yellowish skin. Pretty much the same as last week - these don't have any aditional weapons, so no bows or quivers. Again, I tried for varied war paint but sooner or later I'll have to repeat the patterns.

Hunter Orcs (WIP)
Pict 541: Hunter Orcs (WIP)

And here is the rest of the Hunter Orcs on foot. I already did most of the work on the eyes do that the next step is the skin and then on to the highlights on the other surfaces.

Morannon Orc Captain (WIP)
Pict 542: Morannon Orc Captain (WIP)
I started this Morannon Orc Captain to get a bit of a break from the Orcs I'm painting right now. The over all darker colours are a bit of a respite. Usually I'm not to keen on miniatures carrying around heads but I'll see what I do with this one since I couldn't bring myself to cut it off.

Horus, Primarch of the Luna Wolves (Conversion)
Pict 543: Horus, Primarch of the Luna Wolves (Conversion)

Horus, Primarch of the Luna Wolves (Conversion)
Pict 544: Horus, Primarch of the Luna Wolves (Conversion)

And lastly here is the big guy himself - Horus, Primarch of the Luna Wolves and still untouched by chaos. I actually stipped the main body for some time now, but I knew I wanted him to use a Combibolter and a sword to show him at an early time of the crusade. The sword really had me thinking which bit to use and now that I bought a set of Legion Praetors pretty much for the swordhand up to the hilt, I finally had all the bits I needed and started to put him together. I might still go a little further on the right vambrace to make it even more similar to the original, but I'm pretty happy with the pose so far.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, you know you're addicted to converting when you buy a whole kit just to get that one 'perfect' bit. He looks absolutely great btw. I don't have the balls to convert Forgeworld yet. Its too expensive to mess it up but you've got the positioning spot on here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do break a bit of a cold sweat when cutting into that good, good ForgeWorld resin! Glad you like the pose, now the question is, when he'll see some pint...

      Delete
    2. The model is so beautiful and detailed, it will almost paint itself. But I understand if you're feeling trepidation. I've left models on the shelf for years because I was afraid of doing a bad job. It usually turns out better than you expect. Or at least different to what you expect!

      Delete