Sunday 18 November 2018

Hunter Orcs and Alfrid Lickspittle

Last Sunday I sadly didn't have anything to show, but this past week I got back into the swing of things and painted some Hunter Orcs as well as getting started on the coward Alfrid.


Hunter Orcs
Pict 537: Hunter Orcs
Hunter Orcs
Pict 538: Hunter Orcs
Somehow the end of the year is already looming and with that in mind I wanted to get some more work on the Hunter Orcs done since they were on my list of new year's resolutions. I'm happy enough with the highlighting so far - you could go even further but since I'll still have to do another 18 after these six, that's how far I'll go. I'm rater proud of the eyes and the different facepaint.

Pict 539: Alfrid Lickspittle (WIP)

I got this Warhammer World exclusive Alfrid Lickspittle through a competition that the guys over at the SBG fanzine ran - you had to count up all the instances that Alfrid hid himself in a picture in their fifth issue - and apparently I found the sneak most often!
The sculpt is great - so many different textures of cloth and of course so much character! I'm pretty happy with the layout of colours so far and I already started the highlighting. I'll have to do the face from scratch because right now Alfrid looks even creepier than I intend to!


4 comments:

  1. I had to look up Alfrid Lickspittle. (Good God man, its not canon!) Those orcs have a cool, tribal vibe about them rather than the usual brutish demeanor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really like the design on the Hunter Orcs and I have to concurr that Alfrid is a bit over the top. But both are part of the Hobbit Trilogy.

      Delete
    2. Hobbit Trilogy still makes my blood boil. You can actually read the book out loud faster than watching all 3 films. The only decent addition was the Dol Guldur bits imho. I would say that Tolkien should be turning in his grave but he actually intended his world to be expanded on by other people so probably not.

      Delete
    3. Ah, I suspect a bit of turning at least with Alfrid and the Tauriel / Kili romance...

      Delete